You can chat about native SDK questions and issues here.

By bvgvova
#75245 in official esp-now user guide , esp channels are described very strange :"Channel does not affect any function,
but only stores the channel information...". Maybe someone faced with the issue? User guide propose first to ask esp_now_get_peer_channel() , then to set channel. But for me, esp_now_get_peer_channel() always return : -6. (negative !), nevertheless communication Slave-Controller works... My project structure is simple. There are a few masters, each communicates with it's Slaves by esp-now, then masters connect to server (throw WiFi) and so on..
But when a number of components increase all system becomes unstable, even router - server communication.
I suppose it is dew to channels overlapping, but I don't found a way to set a particular channel for each master-slaves group. So what is a real meaning of channel in esp-now and it relation with RF channel? "who" and how makes a decision what channel to use. It seems, not a programmer...
By mars000
#77463 this is exactly my question. The documentation from the manufacturer is terrible.
BTW: Did you work it out ?