You can chat about native SDK questions and issues here.

By Jacek1
#80967 Hi,
I readed tons of documents, but i can't start with SDK developing.
I use Microchip RN171 module and want to change to ESP-WROOM-02U. I have to make compatibility with motherboard that works with RN171 now, so i need to little modify firmware in ESP module.

I can compile example project with virtualBox and program flash with ESP8266 download tool.
I can scan and connect to WiFi with serial terminal connected to module, i can use smartconfig with commands from terminal. I can make TCP connection with my server. But i don't understand SDK topology, i don't know how to start for adding even simple things.

I have some basic questions:
1. What firmware is default loaded in ESP-WROOM-02U module? Is it "at" from NONOS SDK? (I'm not sure in which project starts)
2. I would like to run esp-TOUCH by changing some GPIO state. I don't know where to make changes.
3. Show me please, how to add to standard ESP-WROOM-02U module firmware that functionality:
- when i change GPIO state, smart config mode (esptouch) starts
- when connected to AP by smartconfig, do something (e.g. disable smartconfig and go to passthrow mode or simply turn LED on).
I don't need code exactly, only show me places in files where i must add and/or modify my code and what and how use API function, e.g for turning on smatconfig mode.

I readed that something must be registered in code first .... i don't understand where and what.
By RichardS
#81012 Maybe try Arduino IDE and use that, its so well supported! and you can always find answers in that community! I tried what your currently doing and switched and its so much easier.

RichardS
By Agentsmithers
Jacek1 wrote:Hi,
I readed tons of documents, but i can't start with SDK developing.
I use Microchip RN171 module and want to change to ESP-WROOM-02U. I have to make compatibility with motherboard that works with RN171 now, so i need to little modify firmware in ESP module.

I can compile example project with virtualBox and program flash with ESP8266 download tool.
I can scan and connect to WiFi with serial terminal connected to module, i can use smartconfig with commands from terminal. I can make TCP connection with my server. But i don't understand SDK topology, i don't know how to start for adding even simple things.

I have some basic questions:
1. What firmware is default loaded in ESP-WROOM-02U module? Is it "at" from NONOS SDK? (I'm not sure in which project starts)
2. I would like to run esp-TOUCH by changing some GPIO state. I don't know where to make changes.
3. Show me please, how to add to standard ESP-WROOM-02U module firmware that functionality:
- when i change GPIO state, smart config mode (esptouch) starts
- when connected to AP by smartconfig, do something (e.g. disable smartconfig and go to passthrow mode or simply turn LED on).
I don't need code exactly, only show me places in files where i must add and/or modify my code and what and how use API function, e.g for turning on smatconfig mode.

I readed that something must be registered in code first .... i don't understand where and what.

Hi Jacek1!
I am a part time firmware dev for the last 3 years and have learned alot about the chip and building process. Its hard to guess paths of where your files should go / be..The thing is I've never used Touch firmware I've always developed my own. If you don't get any addtional help here by this next week, If you like we can do a remote session and go from there, I'm GMT-8 US PAC West.
I'll check back here in a few days to see if someone got you going...
I added myself as a watcher to this post.