You can chat about native SDK questions and issues here.

By loboris
#82114 For my own needs I've developed the new AT-Firmware with some new features and completely new OTA Update.
As it may be of interest for others, I've made it available on GitHub, ESP8266_AT_LoBo.

Main features:

• Built with the latest ESP8266 NON_OS SDK (v. 3.1)
  • Can be installed on all ESP8266 supported SPI Flash sizes
  • OTA update from any server, with MD5 checksum support, SSL support, version check, ...
    • Auto firmware partition select or forced update to any available partition
    • Bootloader update with OTA is also supported
  • Load any available firmware version, not only the latest, is supported
  • Uses my own 2nd stage bootloader (full source available) for some special features
  • New AT Commands added
  • Improved SSL/TLS support, up to 16384 bytes SSL buffer can be used enabling more SSL functionality
  • Added support for loading CA certificate to RAM buffer
  • Added support for loading the firmware from any location in SPI Flash, even above 2MB
Complete build environment is provided in the repository, including SDK and Xtensa toolchain, no additional downloads are needed.
Bash script build.sh is provided for easy build of firmwares for all supported Flash sizes. It also generates the version info file and MD5 checksum files.
Bash script flash.sh is provided to make the flashing of the initial firmwareas easy as possible.