You can chat about native SDK questions and issues here.

By cmarrin
#87421 I've been trying different things ever since posting this issue and it's still happening. I've disabled everything in my app so it's just initializing WiFi an sitting in a task with a delay loop and still every few minutes it will spew dozens of WIFI_REASON_MIC_FAILURE messages and then reconnect and all is well again. I even switched my WiFi init logic to be C so I could use WIFI_INIT_CONFIG_DEFAULT to initialize the WiFi. I had been using C++ and initializing the wifi_init_config_t by hand with what I thought was the exact same values. But still exactly the same behavior. I've even tried changing many of the WiFi related variables in menuconfig.

My project also builds on top of the Arduino ESP8266 SDK and everything works fine. I'm struggling now between using Arduino and the RTOS SDK. Arduino has more supporting libraries, but they are stuck on the pre-3.0 SDK, so they don't take advantage of extra RAM or handle misaligned Flash reads. So my RTOS SDK version has 42K of free memory after initialization and Arduino only has 29K. And the RTOS SDK crash dump is SO much better, giving rational stack traces.

Anyway, I don't understand why I seem to be having these problems so consistently and from searching the web it seems like no one else is seeing this.

Maybe I should focus on getting Arduino to give better crash dumps and give up on the RTOS SDK