You can chat about native SDK questions and issues here.

By cmarrin
#87302 I decided to try the latest released ESP8266_RTOS_SDK. I installed the latest toolchain:

xtensa-lx106-elf-macos-1.22.0-100-ge567ec7-5.2.0.tar.gz

Then I cloned the release/v3.3 branch of ESP8266_RTOS_SDK. This caused the build to fail on my project with:

Code: Select allCC build/lwip/lwip/src/api/if_api.o
In file included from /Users/cmarrin/esp/ESP8266_RTOS_SDK/components/lwip/lwip/src/api/if_api.c:49:0:
/Users/cmarrin/esp/ESP8266_RTOS_SDK/components/lwip/lwip/src/include/lwip/priv/sockets_priv.h:105:0: warning: "LWIP_SETGETSOCKOPT_MAXOPTLEN" redefined
 #define LWIP_SETGETSOCKOPT_MAXOPTLEN LWIP_MAX(16, sizeof(struct ifreq))
 ^
In file included from /Users/cmarrin/esp/ESP8266_RTOS_SDK/components/lwip/lwip/src/include/lwip/priv/sockets_priv.h:45:0,
                 from /Users/cmarrin/esp/ESP8266_RTOS_SDK/components/lwip/lwip/src/api/if_api.c:49:
/Users/cmarrin/esp/ESP8266_RTOS_SDK/components/lwip/lwip/src/include/lwip/sockets.h:115:0: note: this is the location of the previous definition
 #define LWIP_SETGETSOCKOPT_MAXOPTLEN 16
 ^
In file included from /Users/cmarrin/esp/ESP8266_RTOS_SDK/components/lwip/lwip/src/api/if_api.c:49:0:
/Users/cmarrin/esp/ESP8266_RTOS_SDK/components/lwip/lwip/src/include/lwip/priv/sockets_priv.h:109:8: error: redefinition of 'struct lwip_setgetsockopt_data'
 struct lwip_setgetsockopt_data {
        ^
In file included from /Users/cmarrin/esp/ESP8266_RTOS_SDK/components/lwip/lwip/src/include/lwip/priv/sockets_priv.h:45:0,
                 from /Users/cmarrin/esp/ESP8266_RTOS_SDK/components/lwip/lwip/src/api/if_api.c:49:
/Users/cmarrin/esp/ESP8266_RTOS_SDK/components/lwip/lwip/src/include/lwip/sockets.h:119:8: note: originally defined here
 struct lwip_setgetsockopt_data {
        ^
cc1: warning: unrecognized command line option '-Wno-frame-address'
make[1]: *** [/Users/cmarrin/esp/ESP8266_RTOS_SDK/make/component_wrapper.mk:292: lwip/src/api/if_api.o] Error 1
make: *** [/Users/cmarrin/esp/ESP8266_RTOS_SDK/make/project.mk:571: component-lwip-build] Error 2

So I went back to the examples and tried building:

ESP8266_RTOS_SDK/examples/get-started/hello_world

and got the same error. It looks like there's some conflict in including two different headers with the same definitions. Has anyone seen this? For the hello_world example I first ran 'make menuconfig' using all the default values.
By cmarrin
#87308 For now I've commented out the offending lines in sockets_priv.h in the SDK. It builds and runs. Is this a bug in the release? Seems unlikely since the simplest example fails in this way. Seems like it must be a Mac issue or something