So you're a Noob? Post your questions here until you graduate! Don't be shy.

By SOELLICHA
#69413 Hello,
I have being using several arduino sketches with arduino Mega 2560 connected with ESP8266 in order to use an android app to connect to. The app needs 3 information , 1. the IP address 2. the port 3. password. Locally I have managed to connect with it but when I do port forward it does not. I have tried several different ports, even had my modem in bridge mode by my ISP so I can have all ports open and forwarded in my own router, still cannot access it. I also reset the modem and even tried with 3 different modems in 3 different locations. I know that port forward is ok / works because when I upload similar sketch to a NodeMcu chip with esp8266 I can access it locally and from internet. The problem is when is connected to arduino Mega. Any ideas? Is there a chance that ESP8266 knows that a request is from internet and refuses to connect because it can accept only local request? I will attach the code for the sketch.
Thank you
Best Regards
Andreas Achilleos
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.