So you're a Noob? Post your questions here until you graduate! Don't be shy.

By ezcGman
#88388 This link is pure gold, thanks! I was able to get down to below one second for connecting to WiFi!!

However, my ESP doesn't wanna wake up anymore. I guess it's an issue of my setup here, not a code issue. I*m getting a better step up/down converter the next days, that allows me to better send a 3V3 signal. Will test it again with that and post again :)

But right now: That's awesome, thx!! :)
By ezcGman
#88428 So, I was testing again a bit, even without having a proper step down shifter. But I just used the resistor method again and I still struggle to wake up the ESP on the EN pin. It worked before, but I realized I was sending it a 5V signal, I had a mistake with my resistor setup... So one would think I killed the ESP, but the ESP works.

The only thing I can't get working is waking it up... I've attached my very simple circuit diagram. Can you spot any misconfiguration? May I have damaged the EN PIN?
And yes: I used a multimeter to actually verify that I have 3.3V there :)

Thank you very much!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By btidey
#88441 EN as shown is connected to the bottom 10K resistor which is 1.66V not 3.4V. That is not high enough to wake up the ESP8266.

Connecting to the top of the middle 10K resistor should be at the appropriate voltage.

Edit. The EN shouldn't be left floating either (switch open). If should have a high value pull down if connected like this (e.g. 100K). That could be why you don't get a wake as it will stay floating high for a while whereas it needs to go to 0V before the wake up signal goes to 3.3V
By ezcGman
btidey wrote:EN as shown is connected to the bottom 10K resistor which is 1.66V not 3.4V. That is not high enough to wake up the ESP8266.

Connecting to the top of the middle 10K resistor should be at the appropriate voltage.

Oh, yeah. Sorry. I was too stupid to use a multimeter :) But as you saidy this still doesn:t work:

Edit. The EN shouldn't be left floating either (switch open). If should have a high value pull down if connected like this (e.g. 100K). That could be why you don't get a wake as it will stay floating high for a while whereas it needs to go to 0V before the wake up signal goes to 3.3V

Hrm, I have to admit I don't understand that :/
The switch I've drawn there is a button to fake the signal, so the esp gets the 3V3 for a piece of a second: https://www.berrybase.de/bauelemente/sc ... lie-223-er

You say I can't have it open like that? I'm really sorry that I'm such a noob in this :)