So you're a Noob? Post your questions here until you graduate! Don't be shy.

By Rachita
#61763 Hi,
I'm a new to ESP2866 and Android development. I have set my ESP8266 at dynamic IP address, Through which I'm able to communicate with the same IP address. I want to access my ESP8266 module from different Wi-Fi IP address. Is it possible to access ESP2866 from any Wi-Fi connection through android app?. If so, please let me know how?

P.S. I want Wifi module to communicate through different wifi connection.
Thankyou for help
Regards,
Rachita
By jeffas
#61830 If I understand you correctly, you have the ESP on one WiFi network, and your Android on a different WiFi network. Is that correct?
If so, then you need routing to be set up correctly between your 2 WiFi networks.
It is difficult to give more of an answer without more details of your network set-up.
This would be the same for any WiFi devices; it is not specific to ESP or Android.
By Rachita
jeffas wrote:If I understand you correctly, you have the ESP on one WiFi network, and your Android on a different WiFi network. Is that correct?
If so, then you need routing to be set up correctly between your 2 WiFi networks.
It is difficult to give more of an answer without more details of your network set-up.
This would be the same for any WiFi devices; it is not specific to ESP or Android.

My ESP module is set to a dynamic IP address like 192.168.1.134 It it self acts like a websever, using the IP I connect to it using different Wi-Fi network. I'm able to communicate with different Wi-Fi set up through two different Wi-Fi in office but when I try to access through my home Wi-Fi it doesn't seem to work.
And thats what I want, I want it to be accessed from anywhere in the world through my app.

I have read an article about port forwarding using a router but I don't want to implement that instead I wan my app to communicate through world wide. Is it possible?
By Rachita
#61899 My apologies ESP set to a static IP address which is connected to one of the Wi-Fi in my home. but I'm able to access ESP thorough different Wi-Fi in my home itself. but when I try to connect from my collage Wi-Fi it doesn't seem to response.

P.S. I check it using my Android app which is connected to the Firebase.