So you're a Noob? Post your questions here until you graduate! Don't be shy.

By aligator
#61889 hi

I am using the NodeMCU (http://www.exp-tech.de/nodemcu-v2-lua-based-esp8266) with the arduino-firmware.
Even with the simple example-Webserver I cannot get a relieable connection. (the wifi-router is not far away)
Sometimes it doesn't connect, it connects but doesn't get any client-requests or it gets the clientrequests but after some requests it hangs.

what can I do to make this work?

Do you know a more usable esp8266-dev-board? Or is the arduino-firmware not stable enough?
By schufti
#61906 unfortunately AFAIK it is not (primarily) a problem of the ESP arduino firmware but a problem of the poorly maintained esp8266 sdk. In the latest release the quality of the wifi implementation is quite bad. There are several problems, most disturbing one that status is reported as "connected" when actually it isn't (due to drop from AP side). Under this circumstances a reconnect can even force a reboot.
By aligator
#61987 Ok.
So this is useless for my project because I need a stable connection for a webinterface.
Is there a chance that this will be fixed in the (near)future?

Do you have any experience with other chips / shields for arduino which I could use?
By g6ejd
#62041 I have stable weather webservers running in my house, example here: http://g6ejd.uk.to:5000/homepage that gets data from the WUnderground and displays it. I also have two sensors running 24/7 a Bosch BME280 and SHT30 and both have been running for 5-months continuously including through power cuts. I use the Arduino 1.8.1 or 1.6.13 and have never had a drop-out of the Wi-Fi. More likely the remote server is dropping your connection (assuming your Wi-Fi signal is OK at your ESP location, try turning it through 90° or a slight reposition) . Alternatively there is a an error in your code. Hope this helps. If you go through my examples (with code links to all) on YouTube you could compare and contrast - see 'g6ejd'