So you're a Noob? Post your questions here until you graduate! Don't be shy.

By araad
#63396 Hi,

I have an esp07 module that I managed to flash using the esptool with the latest firmware found at the ESP8266_AT repo from espressif's github.

I'm using an arduino board without the mcu as a serial passthrough. My pin connections are as follows:
ESP-RX -> ARDUINO->RX
ESP-TX -> ARDUINO->TX
ESP-RST -> (switching between GND and 3.3V for hard resets)
ESP-EN -> 3.3V
ESP-GPIO0 -> (GND when flashing, 3.3V otherwise)
ESP-GPIO15 -> GND
ESP-VCC -> 3.3V

After flashing the esp07, I connect GPIO0 back to 3.3V and every time i do a hard reset I am able to see some gibberish output on multiple lines. I also have an esp01 with the same firmware and when i do a hard reset I see similar gibberish lines however at the end I see the word "ready" which i don't see on the esp 07. The espressif's firmware sets the device's baud rate at 115200, but i cant seem to get the esp07 to output anything useful on hard reset. Additionally when I send an AT+RST command to the esp07 I don't receive anything back. Any ideas what might be going on?

Thanks.
By araad
#63435 Hi jakubst, thank you for the reply, however your suggested pin configuration will not work if I have the mcu removed, I am using the arduino board only for the onboard ftdi chip.