So you're a Noob? Post your questions here until you graduate! Don't be shy.

By Tonymura
#65475 Hi
Nice to meet you all

Wow how cools is this i just found this forum by chance. I never once thought a forum would be entirely dedicated to this ESP8266 module.
Ok i guess this would be the best place than ever to ask about my module unit.

Just wanting to know as i purchased mine through this seller http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/ESP8266-5V-1 ... SwvzRXxTx0
has anyone here have any experience in getting this unit to work.

It appears i am having some communication issues as the esp8266 replay board needs to be programmed using the 9200 baud rate, due to the microcontroller onboard chip STC15F104W requires this but i am having no success in doing so using my IDE program that i was given in a zip file and documents that relate to this unit.

So i have removed it from the board, flashed it out and set it to 115200 with my serial converter which it seems to be communication with the AT command.

I got some documentation in how to load this up but its just not going to plan.

Has anyone here got any suggestions or experience with this sort of units or how i can load the program with the ESP8266 connected BACK on the relay board.

I would appreciate anything or any suggestion that you can give me.

Or have i done something wrong by flashing it out as i would assume this unit might have come pre installed with the program already.

Thank you
Tony
By atexit8
#65740 That looks like a ESP-01 module.

If you are able to remove it, follow the instructions at
https://www.allaboutcircuits.com/projects/flashing-the-ESP-01-firmware-to-SDK-v2.0.0-is-easier-now/

On Sunday, I updated two of my ESP-01 modules.

If you don't have those parts readily available, then it may be easier to just buy another of the relay module.
By Tonymura
#65807 Thank you for that.
I believe you would have the same board as i do.
That was interesting reading.
I follow this through.
Also just wondering would it be possible, please to share with me your code so that i can load the program and toggle this relay board on and off.
Regards
Tony