So you're a Noob? Post your questions here until you graduate! Don't be shy.

By lope5r
#66520 Hi!
I've got a problem with my ESP 01. This is the first time I'm using ESP module...

At first time I powered up ESP everything was ok, there was a wifi signal. There was only a problem with AT commands, because not always I was able to connect with ESP. The power circuit was ok, GPIO0 to the GND etc.

Then when I fixed this I tried to upload an arduino program for comm LED blinking. The program was uploaded correctly but didn't work. Then everything crashed.

There was no wifi signal (new program uploaded is a reason, I think), I wasn't able to use AT commands. The only thing I was able to do was uploading new programs. So I tried to upload the WiFi AP program. Program was uploaded correctly and nothing happend. Then I tried a program which sends a serial message every second. Still the same.

I tried to upload frimware again (I used NODEMCU), AT commands didn't work, I erased whole chip with blank.bin, and then uploaded firmware, still the same.

I don't know what to do, maybe someone could give some advise how to get out from here?
By lope5r
martinayotte wrote:When uploading Arduino sketch, or any other firmware, the original AT firmware is gone/erased ...

Ok I know that, it's normal... But when I try to upload firmware again, the upload is complete with succes, but esp doesn't work as it should.