So you're a Noob? Post your questions here until you graduate! Don't be shy.

By bojones757@gmail.com
#66548 I have a nodemcu esp8266 e12. The board was working fine and suddenly it stopped working. It has a solid blue led now and the Wifi module led does not light up anymore. My computer detects the board when connected, but I can't upload or flash it. I get this error when I upload the blink led code:warning:
espcomm_sync failed
error: espcomm_open failed
error: espcomm_upload_mem failed
error: espcomm_upload_mem failed
Someone pls Help
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By QuickFix
#66567 After power on or at manual reset (with the RST-button on the board), the blue LED on the ESP itself should at least blink a few times.
Does yours?
You'd better temporary remove the NodeMCU from the breadboard, to rule that out.

I don't know where the blue LED on your board is for (I don't have one).

By bojones757@gmail.com
QuickFix wrote:After power on or at manual reset (with the RST-button on the board), the blue LED on the ESP itself should at least blink a few times.
Does yours?
You'd better temporary remove the NodeMCU from the breadboard, to rule that out.

I don't know where the blue LED on your board is for (I don't have one).

the led turns off when i press the onboard reset button,but it comes back on as soon as I let go of the button
By QuickFix
#66611 Please tell me what happens with the blue LED on the ESP (the one encircled in red, near the antenna), not the blue LED on the NodeMCU-board.