So you're a Noob? Post your questions here until you graduate! Don't be shy.

By gelfling6
#66618 Okay, guaranteed, a major Newbie on this... I'm trying to create a simple html interface, under lua, of 4 buttons in a "+" with a slider ranging from 10 to 9999 next to or under it, and it would send a short-burst serial data out of the UART of the esp8266-01, Of simple 5 letter responses to be read by an Arduino. I.E., I'm wanting the page to allow setting the slider, but not sending anything until one of the 4 buttons is pressed. Example: F0125 , for telling the arduino "Forward for 1.25 seconds" (pretty much have the arduino instruct 2 constant rotation servos roll forward for a delay of 1250 (1.25 seconds), L0010 (Left turn for 1/10th second), R4000 (turn Right for 4 seconds), or B9999 (Back up for almost 10 seconds) , and the Arduino saying back to the ESP Step complete, which would send the page back, with the slider still at the same position last sent. With some hope, I can dissect the code example, and expand upon it. (add a 2nd slider for a left-right sweeping servo, reporting back distance from a Ultrasonic range finder, or even adding 2 more sliders for a tilt/pan gimble for a camera.) But..... I'm wanting to do this with only a -01, haven't jumped at a 'more gpio' 8266 yet, I know the price is low, but out of budget right now.
By Mmiscool
#66642 That would be really easy to do in esp basic.

Go-to esp8266basic.com and check out the examples page.

The is a good GUI example and an example for using servos if that is usefull.

Sending data out the serial port is also pretty simple.
By atexit8
Mmiscool wrote:That would be really easy to do in esp basic.

Go-to esp8266basic.com and check out the examples page.

The is a good GUI example and an example for using servos if that is usefull.

Sending data out the serial port is also pretty simple.

I have two ESP-01 on order. I hope to try this firmware soon.