So you're a Noob? Post your questions here until you graduate! Don't be shy.

By carlo.gallotti
#66665 Hello. Sorry for my English but I use the google translator. I have a problem with ESP8266 ESP-01 modules that I can not solve. Let me briefly explain the situation.

I bought an ESP-01 module from china to try it. I also bought a USB programmer to program it with the Arduino IDE and everything works perfectly.
I connected a LED to the GPIO0 via a resistor. I loaded a sketch that flashes the LED and everything works.

I would duplicate the same function on other 4 modules. This time I bought them on Amazon from TINXI vendor.
I did the same links. At power up, the modules respond to the AT commands correctly, signaling that everything works. Once the sketch is loaded, the module does not run the program. The LED connected to GPIO0 remains lit and there are no signs of life.
The red LED on the module turns on and the blue LED blinks once only.
By connecting the GPIO0 pin to GND the modules enter the programming mode correctly. Sketch upload always ends up 100% without errors.
I tried to reload the original Espressif firmware to return to the AT commands, but even so, the modules are not running again.
If I try to repeat the operations on the first Chinese module, this works perfectly.

This is the photo of the module purchased in china.

This is the photo of the modules purchased on Amazon.

And this is the programmer I use.

Sorry for the long post. If anyone has some idea, I would be very grateful.
By bdumbeck
#66845 I seem to have the same problem. AI-cloud inside works great. The others respond to AT commands @115200 baud but after I uploaded ESPEasy to my new ESP01 (NOT AI-Cloud inside) the blue light blinks and nothing.
I connected to the serial monitor from Arduino IDE and left my serial board attached and powered and power cycled the new ESP01 changing baud rates. Now, after the upload (using ESPTool at 115200 baud) the new board is somehow running at 74880 baud and returning:
ets Jan 8 2013,rst cause:2, boot mode:(3,4)

load 0x4010f000, len 1384, room 16
tail 8
chksum 0xef
csum 0xef
csum err
ets_main.c

See if your boards do the same. I thinking of returning these (bought from amazon) and ordering from my original supplier (also on amazon just a little higher).
By martinayotte
#66940 Since some firmwares didn't use the same SDK, the WiFi configs structures are sometime different, causing crashes when used with another firmware.
So, I would suggest to do a complete "erase_flash" command using esptool.py.