So you're a Noob? Post your questions here until you graduate! Don't be shy.

By j_dunavin
#67327 I am trying to follow this write up:
http://www.instructables.com/id/ESP8266-Artnet-to-DMX/
So far I have been successful in updating the arduino IDE and writing the check flash config sketch to the ESP8266. With that had the serial read window open and read the size;
Flash ide size: 1048576
Flash ide speed: 40000000
Flash ide mode: DIO
Flash chip configuration : ok

I believe that I also have the correct libraries in the correct folder, but i am getting a wifistart not declared in this scope.
All i have done is copied his libraries over and opened his code up and tried to compile it.
What could possibly be wrong?
By j_dunavin
#67371 I have just tried and downloading the esp8266 libraries to my pc vs using the board manager and though IDE recognizes I have done so, and has selected them, I still get an error of wifistart not being declared in the scope.

Arduino: 1.6.11 (Linux), TD: 1.32-beta1, Board: "Generic ESP8266 Module, 160 MHz, 40MHz, DIO, 115200, 1M (256K SPIFFS), ck, Disabled, None"

/home/joe/Arduino/espArtnetNode_2.0.0_b5g/espArtnetNode_2.0.0_b5g.ino: In function 'void setup()':
espArtnetNode_2.0.0_b5g:221: error: 'wifiStart' was not declared in this scope
wifiStart();
^
espArtnetNode_2.0.0_b5g:224: error: 'webStart' was not declared in this scope
webStart();
^
espArtnetNode_2.0.0_b5g:235: error: 'artStart' was not declared in this scope
artStart();
^
espArtnetNode_2.0.0_b5g:242: error: 'portSetup' was not declared in this scope
portSetup();
^
/home/joe/Arduino/espArtnetNode_2.0.0_b5g/espArtnetNode_2.0.0_b5g.ino: In function 'void loop()':
espArtnetNode_2.0.0_b5g:261: error: 'doNodeReport' was not declared in this scope
doNodeReport();
^
Multiple libraries were found for "EEPROM.h"
Used: /home/joe/Arduino/libraries/EEPROM
Not used: /home/joe/.arduino15/packages/esp8266/hardware/esp8266/2.3.0/libraries/EEPROM
Multiple libraries were found for "ESP8266WiFi.h"
Used: /home/joe/Arduino/libraries/ESP8266WiFi
Not used: /home/joe/.arduino15/packages/esp8266/hardware/esp8266/2.3.0/libraries/ESP8266WiFi
Multiple libraries were found for "ESP8266WebServer.h"
Used: /home/joe/Arduino/libraries/ESP8266WebServer
Not used: /home/joe/.arduino15/packages/esp8266/hardware/esp8266/2.3.0/libraries/ESP8266WebServer
exit status 1
'wifiStart' was not declared in this scope

This report would have more information with
"Show verbose output during compilation"
option enabled in File -> Preferences.
By juanlec
#75412 Hi I'm trying the same project and have the same error I corrected putting all the files unziped in a folder and then open the sketch then be sure that all auxiliar sketches and libraries are listed (included and added in tabs) in the sketck and try to compile if fails then you need to check manualy this function is listed in the sketch startFunctions at the final of list (i think this is write wrong in the main sketch) check the spell and try to compile again this solve my problem.