So you're a Noob? Post your questions here until you graduate! Don't be shy.

By gbafamily1
#69623 There is an expensive (160 UK pounds) solution named x-osc. But it could be replaced by an ESP32 and IMU hardware for a lot less money. Of course, there is the matter of developing the firmware for it.

Make sure imu.begin is NOT commented out. The gist version is OK but the version in the github repo has commented out imu.begin. See the code below. The Sparkfun Thing defaults to pins 2,14 for I2C so it should work without changes. But it does not hurt to specify the pins.

Code: Select all/*
//------------------------------------------------------
  // The above lines will only take effect AFTER calling imu.begin(), which verifies
  // communication with the IMU and turns it on.
  if (!imu.begin())
  {
    Serial.println("Failed to communicate with LSM9DS1.");
    while (1)
      ;
  }
*/
By Luke Fold
#69716 Hi all- thanks for the excellent help with this, especially from Rudy.

So I just couldn't get the ESPLocaliser code base to give me anything, either over serial or UDP.

I went back to the codebase that I knew worked for serial- the one provided by Sparkfun for the 9dof stick:
https://github.com/sparkfun/9DOF_Sensor ... ee/new_rev

I then managed to hack in All the bits needed for ESP8266 Wireless, UDP and OSC- and now I have it printing my values via UDP in OSC format- MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!!

I'll look at uploading this to github or something when I get a chance- but for the moment if anyone is googling and finds this and wants a copy- just PM me and I'll send you something.

Last part of my mission is the control Analogue LED values using PWM, based on incoming UDP values, using OSC in the other direction (Max to Arduino / ESP8266). I'll leave this for another day tho!

Thanks again!

Luke