So you're a Noob? Post your questions here until you graduate! Don't be shy.

By jankop
#73444 I know three problems about esp8266:

- Low/bad powersource
- Missing pullup resistors on GPIO0 and GPIO2
- Connected USB / RS232 converter without its own power supply.

I reprogrammed ESP8266 at least a thousand times and the flash is still good.
After all, the author of the article you mentioned, has it already appealed.

At the moment I can say that with the Arduino / ESP8266 I have the perfect reliability and I have absolutely no problem with the recording of sketches.
By Luiz Almeida
rudy wrote:Connect a cap between the Vcc and gnd tabs of the ESP-12 module. Short wire connections. Just because you have a big cap doesn't mean you have a low impedance path.

Personally I would not us 1000uF. I would go for something smaller that would have a lower impedance at higher frequencies. In the following product I have a surface mount 68uF cap (yellow cap) connected as direct as I could between Vcc and gnd. I also have a decent regulator rated for 500mA. Never had any power issues.

I have two capacitors between and near to the Vcc and Gnd pins. One is a ceramic of 100nF and another one is an electrolytic of 1000uF. The 100nF is for high frequencies and the 1000uF is for filter some ripple of the powersource.
Isn't it OK?
Thank you in advance.
Regards,

LA
By Luiz Almeida
jankop wrote:I know three problems about esp8266:

- Low/bad powersource
- Missing pullup resistors on GPIO0 and GPIO2
- Connected USB / RS232 converter without its own power supply.

I reprogrammed ESP8266 at least a thousand times and the flash is still good.
After all, the author of the article you mentioned, has it already appealed.

At the moment I can say that with the Arduino / ESP8266 I have the perfect reliability and I have absolutely no problem with the recording of sketches.

I'm using 10K pullup resistors.
What value do you recommend?
Will be 10K to weak?
Thank you in advance.
Regards,

LA