So you're a Noob? Post your questions here until you graduate! Don't be shy.

By Raginglynx
By lethe
#71400 First of all: don't buy 1$ USB chargers from china, they may kill you!
If you don't have an old charger (anything that output 5V at 0.5A or more will do), buy something with a an actual brand name (you should at least be able to find a website for the manufacturer) from a reputable seller in your country.
It will likely cost more like 5-10$, but not getting killed by it is worth paying a bit more for a product in my opinion. ;)

Other than that those parts will most likely work, but I wouldn't advise you to buy an ESP-01. It only has 2 I/Os, both of them need to be pulled high for the ESP to start properly and you will likely run into issues with the power supply. Better get a Wemos D1 mini or NodeMCU DevKit...

Also wiring things up using dupont wires or breadboard is fine for testing, but if you plan on using the device for any extended period of time, you should solder everything.
By Raginglynx
#71401 Thank you for your reply. Ok - solder is no problem :)
Are those boards the most pricy option for me instead of the ESP01S? I will have to build approx. 20-30 temp-sensors to get what I want so I need to keep the price down as much as I can.

Then I also want to build 20-40 230v relays too based on the ESP8266 - but that's another thread :D