So you're a Noob? Post your questions here until you graduate! Don't be shy.

By GKup
#72695 I am just beginning to work with the ESP8266 NodeMCU and know nothing about electronics development. I have gotten the blink program to work using the Arduino IDE but that's about it. I have one purpose for this (ESP8266) board and I hope someone here can help guide me in the right direction. I want to mute and un-mute 2 XLR microphones at the same time. I can do this physically by shorting out pins 2 and 3 on the XLR connector. I'd like to do that using this board and WIFI from the computer. I know how to send TCP/IP through WIFI from my computer but I don't know how to wire up the board to the XLR pins and then interpret what I've sent from the PC. I assume I would use one or two of the digital pins to do this but I'm not sure. Do I need resisters of any kind? The microphones will be dynamic mics not Phantom powered. At any rate, if anyone could help send me in the right direction to get me started for this project I would be very grateful. Thanks.
By GKup
#72861 Hmm... Can no one here help get me started in the right direction on this? Do I need a relay switch or just use pins off the board itself? I really would appreciate any help I can get. I know absolutely nothing about how this stuff works. Thanks in advance.