So you're a Noob? Post your questions here until you graduate! Don't be shy.

By McSuperbX1
#72730 Hello people!
Total newbie with a NodeMCU V1.0 Dev kit here :)

So what I was trying to do is; creating a web server by connecting my ESP8266 connect to my home router (which I managed to do), but Im having issues working on my web server.

1) What are these commands "server.on" , " server.send" etc? How do these work & whats the syntax?
2) What is this function " void handleclient "? What does it do? How do you use this?
3) Is there a documentation of all these commands & functions? Would be grateful if someone drops me a link!

What my goal is : Creating a webserver with a homepage that contains a drop-down menu. (Basically contains the time of the day) (Trying to make a WiFi based alarm clock; where the user can update/change their alarm timings by connecting to the WebServer) Upon the selection of one of the options in the menu, something will trigger. (Maybe opening a new link, etc)

Thanks a bunch! I am willing to read & try stuff out myself, but I fail to find a reliable source of information to read from. All I find are these poorly done tutorials, which don't explain how things work.