So you're a Noob? Post your questions here until you graduate! Don't be shy.

By schufti
#73676 To reliably power up eny esp, gpio0, gpio2, rst, ch_pd should be pulled high via resistor (1..10k), gpio15 should be pulled low via resistor. It may work without pullups on rst, gpio0, gpio2 but this is not a reliable set-up (like directly connecting ch_pd to vdd and gpio15 to vcc).
Make also sure to have a good decoupling of the supply close to the vcc, vdd pins of the esp (best practice: 100nF parallel to 470µF)
By btidey
#73680 It certainly doesn't do any harm to add extra pull ups e.g. on GPIO0 and 2 and reset but in my experience they are not necessary for reliable operation. The internal pull ups are about 36K which is sufficient providing GPIO0,2 are not attached to long external leads or external circuits which may pull the state low. Depending on the module used, reset is often already pulled up with external 10K and a capacitor to ground inside the module.
By aledrus
#73706 Thanks for the tips. I think I know what to do better now. From your explanations, to put it in operating mode I have to connect RST pin to high.. that means if I want to reset the ESP-01 while it is running, I should pull the RST pin right?

While it is running I've tried touching the RST pin to VCC through a 10k resistor but it seems to do nothing, I think it is not resetting or it is but I'm not seeing it
By schufti
#73710 10k might be to high. If your pullup on rst is 1k and you use 10k to pull down, rst will see only a change from 3.3V to 3.0V (approx) and that is not enough to detect a change. go for 1k and if that is not causing a reset, briefly short it directly to vcc (gnd).