So you're a Noob? Post your questions here until you graduate! Don't be shy.

By harleydk
#75100 Thank heaven for the Newbie Corner! Where I can post silly questions such as this, and not feel too ashamed.

About this development board for the NodeMcu (image attached) - what's the purpose of having multiple pin-rows for the single ports? So with the D4 port, for example, that I can connect 4 different things to? I thought I could only connect one single thing to each port?

Look much forward to learning something new.

Many thanks in advance.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By QuickFix
#75103 I like this shield because then I don't have to use a breadboard.

Electronics (which the ESP still is) isn't just connecting two endpoints together, you also (at times) need things like decoupling and voltage dividers (for which you need two or more pins).
Or with I2C and SPI you'll use single pins for a common bus (eg. a display, a touch-screen and a cardreader using shared connections).
By harleydk
QuickFix wrote:I like this shield because then I don't have to use a breadboard.

Electronics (which the ESP still is) isn't just connecting two endpoints together, you also (at times) need things like decoupling and voltage dividers (for which you need two or more pins).
Or with I2C and SPI you'll use single pins for a common bus (eg. a display, a touch-screen and a cardreader using shared connections).

Ahh, I see. Thanks for clearing that up, I get it now.