So you're a Noob? Post your questions here until you graduate! Don't be shy.

By Javst3r
#75174 Hello, I purchased an ESP8266 to use as a wifi modem on an Apple IIc. I have cabled it correctly through a RS232 TTL adapter, but still can't get it to respond to AT commands.
Does anybody knows if it needs to be flashed an specific or custom firmware for it to work?
Thanks in advance.
By QuickFix
#75180 Normally, an ESP comes with AT-firmware by default; upto now, all the ESP-modules I received had.

Did you get yourself a proper development board (see my signature) or only a module?
If the latter: (first: bad choice when you're new at ESP and second:) make sure all pins are connected properly (through pull- up/down resistors) and power is adequate: 3.3V @ at least 500mA. :idea:

Please remember that the ESP only uses (and accepts) 3.3V on all pins, this includes the RS-232 UART pins.
By Javst3r
#75185 Thanks for the quick response. I have a USB yo TTL programmer adapter UART. Before starting I test the ESP8266 with a raspi running raspbian using Minicomm. It responded to AT commands.
I'm attaching a schematic of how it's cabled. It's getting exactly 3.3V from an adapter specifically purchased for it. Using Procomm on the Apple IIc+ at 9600 bauds and apple modem II emulation.
Hope you can point me in the right direction, i'm baffled.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.