So you're a Noob? Post your questions here until you graduate! Don't be shy.

By Anti Reiljan
#75735 Thank You for the comments!

I just don´t feel sure with pins only boards :roll:

But will order a few ESP01 and a programming unit to test it out.

1) Is it ok to have the float switch between the positive wire?

2) is there a better way to cut off the power after the signal is sent? The float switch will keep power on for 1-3 days if not cut off. Plan to use this timer circuit.https://www.aliexpress.com/item/DC-3-12 ... 0.0.XM3Qpn
By torntrousers
#75751 One thing with that timer/switch is that it says: "4.Operating Current:3V---0.7mA;5V---1.4mA", so thats going to drain your AA batteries in a couple of months. So its probably better to just put the ESP to sleep after its sent the email which will drop the current consumption down to low micro amps.

There is a article here about modifying a NodeMCU for lower power - https://tinker.yeoman.com.au/2016/05/29 ... revisited/
By Anti Reiljan
#75757 Ok, got it! Will make a trial with the Node MCU and when the ESP01 arrives, will build the finished project on this.

Will ESP01 work directly on 2xAA ot 2xAAA or I need still to add a voltage regulator? If the power is on for 1 minute per month?

So the float switch will be between the positive wire. When power goes on, the ESP will run the program and do the job, and go to Deep Sleep in 1 minute. in few days when water level drops, the float switch cuts the power. In approx. 30 days the switch triggers again...
By torntrousers
Anti Reiljan wrote:Ok, got it! Will make a trial with the Node MCU and when the ESP01 arrives, will build the finished project on this.

Will ESP01 work directly on 2xAA ot 2xAAA or I need still to add a voltage regulator? If the power is on for 1 minute per month?

So the float switch will be between the positive wire. When power goes on, the ESP will run the program and do the job, and go to Deep Sleep in 1 minute. in few days when water level drops, the float switch cuts the power. In approx. 30 days the switch triggers again...

Should probably run for years like that on 2xAAs. There's some old discussions about using 2xAA batteries here.

Also, this one might be helpful for when you get your ESP-01 - viewtopic.php?p=32227#p32227