So you're a Noob? Post your questions here until you graduate! Don't be shy.

By aruneshdutta
#75892 Hello all

Is there any way to protect the code written in C++ in ESP 12 to restrict the end user from seeing the contents of code if he/she manages to get so(kindly guide me with this)
Last edited by aruneshdutta on Sat May 12, 2018 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
By rudy
#75894 If someone knew what to do they can copy the runtime code. In the case where the code is text then that can be read and understood. You didn't say what your code is written in, Lua, C++, Javascript, Python, etc.

If you want to protect your code then look at the ESP32.
By aruneshdutta
#75895 I am extremely sorry for that I have written in C++

rudy wrote:If someone knew what to do they can copy the runtime code. In the case where the code is text then that can be read and understood. You didn't say what your code is written in, Lua, C++, Javascript, Python, etc.

If you want to protect your code then look at the ESP32.
By rudy
#75898 I wrote my reply a while after seeing your post. When I wrote it I didn't remember that you said you wrote it in C++.

If you are concerned that someone can copy your code and duplicate it in additional modules then you have a valid reason to be concerned.

But if you think someone can re-create you C++ code (as you had written it) then that is unlikely. Your code is translated into machine code. At best someone would end up with a version of the assembly code. Not the original C++ code. This is much less of a concern than someone just duplicating the image.