So you're a Noob? Post your questions here until you graduate! Don't be shy.

By Joshyoon
#75934 Hi everyone.

I have multiple analog pressure sensors and I want to collect data from them using multiple esp8266s and send those data to web page for users to view anywhere.(there are approx 60 pressure sensors and i am planning to use multiplexers on each esp8266 so i get to use 5 esp8266s at max)

Actually, I wanted to use ajax to show data on the web simultaneously so i checked a tutorial on YouTube(below and it won't work! there was no written source code related to the tutorial so ive wrote them all by myself on the Arduino IDE and i triple checked what i wrote and it didn't work till the end )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybIalV9k5yc

Even if the tutorial works, i can only see the data from just ONE esp8266 by typing its ip on the chrome on my PC and Also, my PC and esp8266 have to share the same router. I cannot connect to the esp8266 if my PC is not hooked up to the same router with the esp8266.

I'm also very confused about the server and client thing.
In my case, which one do I have to set all my esp8266s to? a server or client?

Ive heard that it would be much easier if i just use 'Thingspeak' or 'Websocket' but what if their service become no longer available? That's why i wanted to make this project platform independent. or would it be OK to use those service?

Ive also heard that PHP + MySQL + WebServer would do the job but as far as i know, they are not 'simultaneous'...

So is it possible to collect data from multiple esp8266s and show them on the browser simultaneously using AJAX or something?

OR

Do i have to just stick to PHP + MySQL + WebServer?....

somebody please help~~~~~~~~~~ :( :(
Ive tried to make several search on the web but there seem to be not much information regarding this...