So you're a Noob? Post your questions here until you graduate! Don't be shy.

By QuickFix
Numian wrote:is that 5V direct supply from USB? Can I use some mini buck convertor or some LDO and be done with it?

The JSX-370 kind of motor-gearbox combo's use at least 300mA (500mA @ stall) of current.
USB 2.0 hosts should be able to deliver a maximum of 500 mA or with USB 3.0 and USB 3.1 900mA and 2000 mA respectively.

You should take that into account, but I'm generally not feeling comfortable drawing those kinds of current from my USB ports, especially with a hungry ESP8266 and two motors (totalling an easy 1.5A in a worst case scenario). :?
By Numian
#76326 Hello,
I will be using external 2A power supply, not computer USB port so there should't be a problem, right?
I have connected little 3.7V 300mAh LiPol (752030) now and it's working fine... Should I stick to this solution? Each motor will be runing max 6x10seconds per day so that battery should last a while I guess.

Thank you.
By rudy
#76330 I would only use batteries if you needed it to work when there was no AC power.

A 2A supply should be fine. Just don't connect the VM terminal to the ESP module's 3.3 volts. If you need to reduce the voltage then do it with it's own part(s). As I suggested in my previous post, put a couple of silicon diodes in series with the 5 volt supply and connect that to the VM terminal. It is the simplest solution. You don't need a regulated supply for the motors.