So you're a Noob? Post your questions here until you graduate! Don't be shy.

By Heenne
#77215 Hello,

currently I only have problems with my ESP 8266-01. Actually I don't even get one single successful flash anymore, where the code is working afterwards. I have a few situations and I will explain them in the following text, but first please have a look at my circuit for flashing the ESP8266-01: https://imgur.com/a/4UEBZGj

I tried to follow this picture for the wiring: https://www.google.de/search?q=ESP8266- ... 0qpyYxYz4M:

As you can see I am using an external power source with a 1,5A power supply which should be enough for the WiFi-modul, I hope.

My usage of the circuit for flashing: Press Reset-button (further away from the modul on my setup). Press Flash-Button (closer to the modul on my setup). Release Reset-button (blue lamp flashes one time). Release Flash-button (I also have tried pressing the Flash-button for the whole flashing process, but it didn't help).

I am working with the Arduino IDE with the following settings: https://imgur.com/VZn2YwZ

I tried to change some settings according to some people posting their settings. But none really worked well. I also tried different flash sizes.

Question: What flash size do I need to set in the Arduino IDE? Or in general, what settings should I use here?

Following some tutorials I noticed the ESPTool.py programm. I downloaded it and tried the erase_flash command which should help get the new sketch on there but it didn't help. Also I exported the .bin-file from my programm out of the Arduino IDE and tried to flash the ESP with the ESPTool.py write_flash, but after reaching 100% it just resulted in the second error I will be listing below.

I also have tried another ESP8266-01 modul because I was scared that I broke the first one, but it didn't help and I still get the same errors.

I used this sketch but also have tried others. This just seemed very simple and I can easiely verify that the code is working through the serial monitor:

Code: Select all#include <ESP8266WiFi.h>

void setup() {

// put your setup code here, to run once:

WiFi.softAP("APName", "testtest", 1, false, 8);

Serial.begin(115200);

}

void loop() {

// put your main code here, to run repeatedly:

Serial.println("This is a test!");

delay(100);

}

Now to the problems:

Error during the flashing of the modul. This is just copied from the Arduino IDE and pasted here. This error occures randomly at any percentage during the flashing-process.

Code: Select allesptool v0.4.13 - (c) 2014 Ch. Klippel ck@atelier-klippel.de

\setting board to ck``

\setting baudrate from 115200 to 115200``

\setting port from COM1 to COM7``

\setting address from 0x00000000 to 0x00000000``

\espcomm_upload_file``

\espcomm_upload_mem``

\setting serial port timeouts to 1000 ms``

opening bootloader

resetting board

trying to connect

\flush start``

\setting serial port timeouts to 1 ms``

\flush complete``

\espcomm_send_command: sending command header``

\espcomm_send_command: sending command payload``

\read 0, requested 1``

trying to connect

\flush start``

\flush complete``

\espcomm_send_command: receiving 2 bytes of data``

Uploading 257696 bytes from C:\Users\henri\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_187353/sketch_jun29a.ino.bin to flash at 0x00000000

\erasing flash``

\size: 03eea0 address: 000000``

\first_sector_index: 0``

\total_sector_count: 63``

\head_sector_count: 16``

\adjusted_sector_count: 47``

\erase_size: 02f000``

\setting serial port timeouts to 15000 ms``

\writing flash``

....................................................................... read 0, requested 1

warning: espcomm_send_command: didn't receive command response

warning: espcomm_send_command(FLASH_DOWNLOAD_DATA) failed

warning: espcomm_send_command: wrong direction/command: 0x01 0x03, expected 0x01 0x04

closing bootloader

\flush start``

\flush complete``

error: espcomm_upload_mem failed

error: espcomm_upload_mem failed

2. This error just occures after flashing the modul succeded. Here are some pictures: https://imgur.com/a/dx5HGJj

As you can see the flashing went to 100% (See picture 1). But the board, is printing nothing in the serial monitor (also blue LED not flashing). Then I will reset the board to restart it and get the message in the picture 2.

Now to some voltage levels that I measured:
On power supply + to - : 3.29V

From ESP Vcc to GND : ~3.20V (Also measured with a oscilloscope and set a trigger to 3V, but never hit the trigger, so the voltage is not dropping during the flashing process. Picture: https://imgur.com/5daA9Pk)

Thanks in advance and have a nice day,

Heenne