So you're a Noob? Post your questions here until you graduate! Don't be shy.

By SupDoc
#77832 Let me start simply without needless clutter here. I am using an NodeMCU (ESP-12E Module). The other day this current sketch worked perfectly using Port 10. The last several days I can only upload it using Port 11, but it does upload properly. But it gives me no serial monitor readout. Looking in the tools->port output I see only two choices Com port 3 and com port 11. Assuming it would run properly if I could chose port 10, how can I get com port 10 as an option.
By schufti
#77836 the ports change according to the usb connector you use.
So just plug it to the usb connector you used the previous day.
By SupDoc
#77846 Thanks for the tip. I appreciate any help I can get. Unfortunately I only have one USB cable that reaches the work bench I am using. It is the only USB cable I used, both before it worked, and then when it stopped working. Just to check I have a much shorter cable, I had to move the board much closer to try it, I still got the troublesome Port 11. I tried the shorter cable on another USB port & got once more the Port 11.

If you have any more ideas, please let me hear from you.
By schufti
#77851 hmmm, is it possible that you have used a different NodeMCU that has different USB-serial chip?

you cyn check which type of USB-serial chip has been used on COM10 if you go into device-manager, activate"show hidden devices", then open connections (COM and LPT) ...