So you're a Noob? Post your questions here until you graduate! Don't be shy.

By schufti
#79602 If you are not sure about the wiring and the modification of the sketch, why not try it exactly as given in the example for the first step? If you did exactly what is pictured and described here (using the arduino code of course) and it doesn't work, then report back ...
By JoeVanGeaux
#79606 It Works!!! (And, Rudy was right that the sketch doesn't do much, at all, but all i wanted was some movement and I got that!)

Its likely all was, more or less, working form the start! Since I had already tried the sketch in the link you provided exactly as written with no luck, I decided to start eliminating bonehead-style issues. Beforehand, I purchased a combo pack of five steppers with five driver boards and decided to eliminate the stepper/driver as an issue after having successfully blinked an LED - so my NodeMCU E12 was apparently working. And, if my driver board was working I figured I should at least have seen some sort of blinking on the LEDs on the driver - and I hadn't ever seen that.

When I opened a new sealed pack with a second driver I noticed it had a small jumper at the power input that the other brand new one didn't seem to have installed. I'd like to blame the supplier, but nope - it was me all along! If you carefully look at the picture I submitted, at the middle of the external power supply there is a set of male pins on yellow plastic and you'll see what became of that important little bit of plastic that I, at first, didn't remember where it came from - so I stuck it across a couple of ground pins on the power supply for safe keeping!! Did I mention I am a noob?? LOL

Thanks for your help by insisting those sketches should have worked! I could have spent many more days searching for a "correct" sketch before finding my error.
Last edited by JoeVanGeaux on Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.