So you're a Noob? Post your questions here until you graduate! Don't be shy.

By TrevorB
#80702 having trouble getting my ESP 8266 into station mode I flash it, I find it with my phone on 192.168.4.1
I go into settings put in my Wi-fi name and password..The MAC number is in the AP field I I save and update.

How do i know ts worked how do I find it on my router ????
By rudy
#80703 You have not provided enough information. Have you ever had anything work before now? Is this the first time using the ESP?

You say you are having a problem with station mode but it sounds like you are using AP mode. Pleas provide better information.

Post your code so we can look and see if that is where the problem is.
By TrevorB
rudy wrote:You have not provided enough information. Have you ever had anything work before now? Is this the first time using the ESP?

You say you are having a problem with station mode but it sounds like you are using AP mode. Pleas provide better information.

Thanks Rudi I had a working ESP 2866 module and I am developing the code and designing the I/O hardware to control a complex bit of kit... will keep the forum in the loop ..the module stopped working and its replacement + 1 other will not go into station mode..I may not be a wiz, but I understand hardware and can write code..If only can get a module into Station mode..I thought, into settings at 192.168.4.1 and input the wi-fi SSID and password were enough the flasher seems to add the MAC..does it need more. Will flash again and sent the report or figure out how to send a screen grab....About 100 lines of code so far and about halfway through the project
By TrevorB
TrevorB wrote:
rudy wrote:You have not provided enough information. Have you ever had anything work before now? Is this the first time using the ESP?

Thanks Rudi I had a working ESP 2866 module and I am developing the code and designing the I/O hardware to control a complex bit of kit... will keep the forum in the loop ..the module stopped working and its replacement + 1 other will not go into station mode..I may not be a wiz, but I understand hardware and can write code..If only can get a module into Station mode..I thought, into settings at 192.168.4.1 and input the wi-fi SSID and password were enough the flasher seems to add the MAC..does it need more. Will flash again and sent the report or figure out how to send a screen grab....About 100 lines of code so far and about halfway through the project

Uploading 523104 bytes from .\build\4M\ESP8266Basic.cpp.bin to flash at 0x00000000
................................................................................ [ 15% ]
................................................................................ [ 31% ]
................................................................................ [ 46% ]
................................................................................ [ 62% ]
................................................................................ [ 78% ]
................................................................................ [ 93% ]
............................... [ 100% ]
ŠHlè‰hÈ,Œp :YüÿHTTP Port: 80
ESP Basic 3.0.Alpha 69
MAC: 5E:CF:7F:D9:1D:16

Failed Wifi Connect
Creating WIFI access point
ESP5E:CF:7F:D9:1D:16
APname
APpass

Is the Failed WI-FI connect a problem both modules give the same message ?????