So you're a Noob? Post your questions here until you graduate! Don't be shy.

By DavyC
#81003 Hi all,

shortly I have started working with Wemos D1 mini and have built some of the smaller examples.

What I already have ready in (different) projects :

1. A working Wemos D1 Mini with 4 coupled 8x8 LED matrixes. This Wemos is showing 1 fixed message.
2. A working webserver to log on via smartphone (Wifi)
3. Reading and (over)-writing a file with two lines. (I don't know yet how to add a line at the end)

My following project would be a combination. I want to have the LED matrix show messages which can be chosen from within a web page (or preferably from an iOS application). I would like to have a list of values which can be clicked and sent to the scroller.
Preferably I would like to be able to keep the values in a kind of database (or list, or file, ... ?) and I would like to have the functionality to be able to add new messages when needed.

What should it be able to do ?

1. When activated, all existing values (from DB, list or file) should be read and show on the screen (in buttons, links, ... whatever can be clicked).
2. When the button or link is clicked, this message should be shown 3 times on the led scroller.
3. A new message should be able to be added.

Unfortunately, I have no idea how to continue.
I don't know the best way to keep the values. How much data can be kept on the Wemos ?
How can I read the values in an HTML file or iOS app?
How can I add new values in the file or database?
How can a link or button send the info to the LED matrix ?

Another important question : if I need to connect my smartphone to the local webserver, I can't use my normal wifi or 4G anymore. Unfortunately where I want to place the Wemos, there is no wifi available.

Is there somebody whom would be able to help me a bit with this project or point me to an example (as I can't find one online).

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Davy