So you're a Noob? Post your questions here until you graduate! Don't be shy.

By toname gam
#87500 Hello, i am using an esp01s board. The board functions normally, resets and runs it's program properly most of the time.

When putting it in deep sleep however, the board needs the reset signal to be triggered twice.
An identical board with a wire soldered to the reset pin to wakeup from the internal timer makes it so the reset signal still needs to be triggered once by hand. This is consistent through several boards.

After putting the board to deep sleep, resetting once the board prints:

Code: Select allets Jan  8 2013,rst cause:5, boot mode:(3,6)

and sometimes also
Code: Select allets_main.c

but nothing else. On a second and succesful reset, it instead prints the full info:

Code: Select allets Jan  8 2013,rst cause:2, boot mode:(3,6)

load 0x4010f000, len 3456, room 16
tail 0
chksum 0x84
csum 0x84
va5432625
~ld

and then it also prints the rest of the program data. I have not been able to find this behavior in any other post on the internet, and would like to know what causes it to need two resets. Thanks for the help and i hope i will be able to give back to this forum in the future
By Kerstens
#89272 Hi, I have the exact same problem.

I'm working on building my own sensors for home automation. It all works like a charm but for some reason (with 2 of the 3 ESP01 i have) it doesn't reboot after the first reset (exaclty what you described).

I am not sure if has to do with faults in the PCB, maybe something on the ESP is broken or maybe it's just a bug in the Firmware. I tried different firmwares but the 2 boards still have the same issue with different types of firmware.

I want to order a bunch of ESP's for the different types of Sensors but i don't want to find out the all will have this issue. Because it pretty munch renders them useless for the project i'm doing.

Did you by any change find a reason or (even better a) solution for this?
By Kerstens
#89281 Hi,

I have the exact same issue. 2 out of the 3 ESP's i have i need to reset twice before normal startup.

I tried flashing it with different firmware but that didn't solve it. I also flashed the properly working ESP and it kept working so that proves it's not the firmware.

Interesting thing is that the 2 who have this problem are different boards. 1 is a ESP-01 the other one ESP-01s.

I'm afraid when i order more ESP01's that they will also have this problem. And this problem renders them prettymuch useless for my project. So did find any reason or even better a solution to this?

Kind regards,

Kerstens.
By StanJ
toname gam wrote:Hello, i am using an esp01s board. The board functions normally, resets and runs it's program properly most of the time.

When putting it in deep sleep however, the board needs the reset signal to be triggered twice.
An identical board with a wire soldered to the reset pin to wakeup from the internal timer makes it so the reset signal still needs to be triggered once by hand. This is consistent through several boards.

After putting the board to deep sleep, resetting once the board prints:

Code: Select allets Jan  8 2013,rst cause:5, boot mode:(3,6)

and sometimes also
Code: Select allets_main.c

but nothing else. On a second and succesful reset, it instead prints the full info:

Code: Select allets Jan  8 2013,rst cause:2, boot mode:(3,6)

load 0x4010f000, len 3456, room 16
tail 0
chksum 0x84
csum 0x84
va5432625
~ld

and then it also prints the rest of the program data. I have not been able to find this behavior in any other post on the internet, and would like to know what causes it to need two resets. Thanks for the help and i hope i will be able to give back to this forum in the future

rst cause:5 isn't defined, so the chip doesn't know where to go next. Coming out of Deep Sleep it should be rst cause:2.

The "ets_main.c" message is generally because it never saw EXT_RSTB go low. If you've connected GPIO16 to EXT_RSTB with a resistor, make sure it's in the range of 300 to 470 ohms. Higher than 470 and you're likely to see that message.