So you're a Noob? Post your questions here until you graduate! Don't be shy.

By JurajA
#88505 it is in the last page of the flash

https://www.espressif.com/sites/default ... FAQ_EN.pdf

5.22.How is the system parameter area organized?
The last 3 sectors of the primary flash memory are designated as the system parameter area. The first 2 sectors are copies (so that at least one copy is safe just in case power fails when writing to one sector). The last sector is used to save the flag to determine which of the first 2 sectors to use. This mechanism ensures that important configuration data is never corrupted due to power failure during erase/write operations.
By dscott
#88521 Thank you guys for sticking with me on this, I may be beating a dead horse and realize you could easily think "who cares" and just 'walk away'...

Have either of you been able to see the SSID/password in flash after wifimanager saves it? I mean, manually
plucking the values out of flash and writing it to the serial monitor, NOT through the API?
By pangolin
dscott wrote:Thank you guys for sticking with me on this, I may be beating a dead horse and realize you could easily think "who cares" and just 'walk away'...

Have either of you been able to see the SSID/password in flash after wifimanager saves it? I mean, manually
plucking the values out of flash and writing it to the serial monitor, NOT through the API?

1. No, but why would I want to when the API calls do it? You can also call WiFi.printDiag(Serial) which shows it
2. its not wifimanager that saves it, it is the Espressif firmware. And actually i think it saves the last four successful SSID/PWD pairs, so you'd need also to find where it stored the pointer to the most recent...
3. Why are you insisting on trying the most complex (and totally unnecessary) way of doing this? What are you trying to do that the API calls can't/won't do? Even if you do find a way, it will be totally non-standard and liable to break on any new release of the firmware, the core libraries etc etc and is alsmot certain NOT to be portable across different MCU / flash sizes...given that there are about 1000 reasons for NOT doing what you are trying to, you'd have have an incredibly compelling reason: I'd love to know what it is!
4. I CAN tell you a way of finding it, but I'm not going to until I understand why you want it :)
5. You do know that you can connect wthout even knowing what they are, don't you...?