So you're a Noob? Post your questions here until you graduate! Don't be shy.

By dscott
#88526 I only want to make SURE the credentials are only being saved to the chips external flash, and nowhere else. That is all. I only thought it odd that up to this point in my messing around with these, I for the first time cannot prove, without doubt, what is going on. Well, at least with regard to something I want to see for myself.

1. The API gets it from somewhere, I just want to make sure it's not going to or coming from a foreign cloud service or something like that... some service I can't control.
2. I understand that, but saves/gets it to/from where?
3. I'm not trying to reinvent anything, I'm too ignorant for that - I just want to make sure everything I put on any internet aware chip stays there, and only there. Within reason, I'm not looking for a security lecture :)
4. I hope answers 1-3 help alleviate any concerns you might have about my inquiry.
5. No?! I'm not entirely sure what you mean - like as in, I can connect to any WiFi (my own or otherwise) without credentials? Never tried, don't care to explore it really.

I don't want to step on any toes, I'm only looking out for the two or three bucks I have in my bank account I hope to put toward another 8266-x someday.