So you're a Noob? Post your questions here until you graduate! Don't be shy.

By Barry Redmond
#89688 Hi all, I'm new to ESP8266, but have decades of experience with embedded systems. I'm starting to experiment with a ESP8266 by updating a Adafruit Huzzah I found in a drawer, probably 2 or 3 years old. nodemcu-build.com looked like a great way to jump in without having to set up a full build environment, but I'm not receiving any emails when I submit build requests to it.

I've reduced my request to just the default modules, I get confirmation on my browser that the request was accepted, I can't find anything gone to spam folders, and I've tried alternative email addresses that arrive via completely different email services. But still I get nothing. I've made numerous attempts over the last 2 days.

Is there any other stupid beginner's mistake I might be making? Anything else I can try? Or is my next step to do my own build?
By Barry Redmond
#89692 I don't know what caused it, but the emails for all of the build requests I submitted are now arriving in a steady stream, with send timestamps a few seconds old. Perhaps some build system hiccup has been fixed, or perhaps I just didn't wait long enough (although close to 48 hours for the oldest one seems a bit unlikely).