So you're a Noob? Post your questions here until you graduate! Don't be shy.

By alfonsofiorentino
#91026 Hello everyone and Happy Easter, yesterday talking to a friend who works on the aqueduct he told me that some time ago they had given him a height difference meter that was very convenient for him to search for leaks on the pipelines, only that they no longer find it and he asked me if I can get him one ... I'm not very practical but I thought of using an esp8266 with oled and a bme280 + button to set the starting measure, he puts it in a point, presses the button, the bme280 saves the data in a variable initial pressure, then he climbs along the pipe, stops for example 5 meters higher following the water pipe line, presses the button again and on the oled panel he is shown the difference in height in meters from the starting point, calculating it on the final pressure minus the initial pressure and then converting into meters ... how does it seem like an idea? Can it fit logic? is it complex as a project to carry out for a person who is a beginner like me? Looking on the internet I saw that the BME280 library should already contain all the tools to create the object with a few lines of code, what do you think? Would anyone like to give me a hand? Thanks