So you're a Noob? Post your questions here until you graduate! Don't be shy.

By mkrishna
#91736 Hi Team,

Is ESP8285 Chip(Soc) With In-Built Flash? if yes, can we use ESP8285 Chip(Soc) with In-built Flash to make it work as WiFi to connect to my network by configuring through UART of ESP8285 Chip(Soc)?
else, Please provide Required Input on Wi-Fi Chip(soc) With In-Built Flash(No External Flash) to configure & to connect My network.

Please find the attached images, we found in ESP8285 Datasheet. Is that info enough to Configure as Wi-Fi Station to connect my network?

Any help would be very thankful.

Thank you,
M Krishna.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By katesimon123
#91795 esptool.py is a python-based utility to flash esp8285. In ubuntu, you can install it vía pip, with the command

Code: Select all$ pip install esptool

Now, with all dependencies met, we can proceed to flash the module. First of all, there is a requirement for the esp to enter in boot mode. IO2 must be in high state and IO0 in low state. Then, you can use this command to flash the device:

Code: Select allesptool.py --port /dev/ttyACM1 write_flash -fs 1MB -fm dout 0x00000 0x00000.bin 0x10000 0x10000.bin

The serial port is at /dev/ttyACM1, you should use your own. The option -fs is to specify the flash size, which for esp8285 is 1MB internal Flash. The option -fm is the flash mode, for esp8285 should be dout which stands for dual output. Because of such problems, I normally prefer Raspberry Pi 0 over ESP modules.