So you're a Noob? Post your questions here until you graduate! Don't be shy.

By Wolfe Anderson
#91868 Hey I'm trying to create a sensor network with two ESP8266 boards that has a client connected to a sensor and a server to receive data. I've got the server online and the client can connect to the sensor, but I'm running into a couple of issues. First, I'm using UDP to send packets from the client to the server and I've tested that the server can receive packets through Packet Sender, but it's not receiving the packets that are being sent by the client. Second, the client runs through the main loop function one time, sends a UDP packet, then doesn't go back to the top of the loop and watchdog resets after a few seconds. Can I get some help?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By davydnorris
#91875 You may get more joy asking this in the Arduino forum area, but some comments:
- so is the client definitely sending packets?
- try refactoring the code from your loop into discrete functions
- your I2C clock rate is very high, can you run your sensor at a lower I2C bus speed? At that rate you could be dropping data and then waiting for responses that aren't coming, and that's why the watchdog's triggering