So you're a Noob? Post your questions here until you graduate! Don't be shy.

By shrutika_patel
#92172 I am new to MSP430 microcontroller, though I am coding MSP430 using Energia IDE which is similar to Arduino IDE.

My project is to build an "IoT Based Air Pollution Monitoring System"
I am taking input from the sensor (And I am done with the coding of this part it was simple) But now I have to put the data on Thingspeak server using ESP8266 and i dont have a clue how to do it.

I will be grateful if someone please provide me the code to connect ESP8266 to MSP430 and send data to Thingspeak! Please!!

Sensor is MQ135 which I have caliberated for CO2 reading. I have to connect ESP8266 to the MSP430 and send data to thingspeak!

PS: I tried going to 43oh forum (Energia Forum) but it is not allowing me to login for some reason the site is buggy!
By QuickFix
#92209 Apart from anything else (we don't know anything about your MQ/MSP setup, but I think that's not your main problem at this point).
Do you have the ESP working (like in: hardware-wise)?
Can you approach it (if in AP mode) or let it connect (and send bogus test-data) to a server (in STA-mode)?

Once you got the ESP covered, you can write a protocol that both the MSP as the ESP understand and you're done (to put it very simple).

But, to continue on Acme_UK's argument: the ESP8266 is a MCU (just like the MSP430) with a WiFi stack: it's not "Just a WiFi module".
FYI: a NodeMCU is just an ESP8266 on a more user-friendly board, nothing more, nothing less.

So the question remains: we do understand you have to use the MQ135, but why not connect it directly to the ESP and cut out the (MSP430) middle man?