So you're a Noob? Post your questions here until you graduate! Don't be shy.

By stuart264
#92227 Apologies for this, not exactly a newbie but my training is more hardware than programming and as a result I am struggling with a build project

I'm building a version of this https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/iot-maker-tale-stratum-1-time-server-built-from-scratch-monteiro/ and the code for a very bad programmer like me is hard to figure out. :(

My issue is this, I have a different UBlox GPS card installed NEO-8M instead of the NEO-6 the original builder used primarily because I wanted support for Galileo, I have managed to get it all running, tweaked the code a little to run it on TinyGPS++ and some display formatting. However every time I need to change settings on the GPS card via the UBlox U-Centre utility I have to physically unplug the board and plug it into my FTDI TTY to USB adapter and that's becoming a pain.

Does anyone have a simple sketch I can just upload when the ESP8266 is connected on USB to do the same as the FTDI adapter that way, I can upload the sketch, program the GPS card and then reupload the working version of the code to run the NTP server?