So you're a Noob? Post your questions here until you graduate! Don't be shy.

By Ethan IRON
rooppoorali wrote:it's not a recommended solution as it may not be reliable and could potentially cause damage to the board.

That's exactly my fear... Maybe now is working but one day it will not boot because something did burn...
Can it be?
Thanks
By esp8266_dude
rooppoorali wrote:It's possible that the LED strip is drawing too much current from the TX pin, which is causing the board to fail to boot up properly.

WS2812B LEDs have Hi-Z inputs, so cannot draw any significant current (if powered).

Ethan IRON wrote:Thank you, when you say that i can safely use Pull-Up do you mean that what i did is a Pull-Up? or Pull'up is a different circuit?

Yes, I mean your "small resistor from 3v to TX".

Ethan IRON wrote:About the regulator i already tested the strip and it work even without the regulator thanks :)

I don't wrote "voltage regulator". I wrote "voltage translator".
By Ethan IRON
esp8266_dude wrote:
rooppoorali wrote:It's possible that the LED strip is drawing too much current from the TX pin, which is causing the board to fail to boot up properly.

WS2812B LEDs have Hi-Z inputs, so cannot draw any significant current (if powered).

Ethan IRON wrote:Thank you, when you say that i can safely use Pull-Up do you mean that what i did is a Pull-Up? or Pull'up is a different circuit?

Yes, I mean your "small resistor from 3v to TX".

Ethan IRON wrote:About the regulator i already tested the strip and it work even without the regulator thanks :)

I don't wrote "voltage regulator". I wrote "voltage translator".

Thank you so much for the answers! Have a nice day :)