So you're a Noob? Post your questions here until you graduate! Don't be shy.

By pxzvc
#96381 Hey people, I’ve had this question thats been bugging me recently. I have 5 esp8266’s right now and I was wondering,

If I took 2 of these esp8266’s and flashed them both with a deauther for pentesting, then connecting to the webpage 192.168.4.1 would be connecting to them both no?

So then when deauthing a target both esp8266’s are sending packets making it 2x stronger. Maybe I’m just being stupid but does anyone know if its possible? And maybe with even more than just 2, Thanks! :ugeek:
By rooppoorali
#96387 it is possible to use multiple ESP8266s running a deauther firmware to increase the strength of the deauthentication attack. When you connect to the webpage at 192.168.4.1, you will be able to configure both ESP8266s and they will both send deauthentication packets when you initiate the attack.

However, keep in mind that increasing the number of ESP8266s running the deauther firmware may not necessarily result in a proportionate increase in the strength of the attack. There may be practical limitations, such as the physical distance between the target and the ESP8266s, that limit the range of the deauthentication packets. Additionally, using multiple ESP8266s running the deauther firmware may draw more attention to the attack, as it will be more noticeable and potentially more disruptive to nearby devices.

It's important to remember that using a deauthentication attack without permission is illegal and unethical. Make sure you have proper authorization and consent before conducting any pentesting activities.