Have questions about FETS, transistors, measurement, power supplies, or anything else electrical?

By jdmr778
#89972 hi everyone.
I am new to the forum and new to the hardware. i am modding an older laptop and i am going to be using my mPCIE slots for something other than networking so i started looking for a better option than a USB dongle. I am pretty excited about the possibilities and i immediately got on line and orded a kit to experiment with. i am sure i can make an external interface that connects through my laptops ethernet port. but what i am thinking is haveing "smart NIC's" and at such a reasonable price opens up the door for an efficient solutiom to increase the troughput via teaming (or link aggregation if you prefer). having identical hardware brings a balance and using all "ESP" processing has the potential to have an extremely efficient means of maxing out network speeds. i searched it on google and as well as here but i havn't stumbled on any conversations about it yet.

There are some concerns like being external from my laptop firewall comes to mind. my router is crap so i don't trust that at all. also i could probably use linux kernel and just treat it like they were under the control of the OS but it seems like i would be missing the benefits i mentioned earlier and missing an opportunity to transfer that processing off of my CPU.
If anyone has any insights i reaaly want to start a discussion. I am by no means an expert. i could put together a script or two but slowly and buggy but before i even go there i want to get my head around the system calls. Is would it be best to query ESP or have Linux's Network Manager or similar package request vis ESP? there isn't any teaming on outgoing packets soif i just made normal requests and the ESP interface would be the first stop on the route . As for the incoming data using a cat6 to the ethernet port can handle a lot more than the PCIe x1 i wass working with now. I have terrible internet in my home and many devices are fighting for it. the router is garbage and the ISP won't allow anything but there's as the gateway. I just rent here so fixing that isn't likely to happen but in the meantime this is the most promising and fun approach.
I really do not know much about advanced networking so don't know how this will look but i am thinking to keep it a bit simpler teaming two ESP's for throughput on incoming and one as a redundancy should one of the two go offline might be a good place to start. Also maybe having one ESP nic strictly for outgoing would be a benefit. i hav'nt configured a network switch before either but it seems that something whether hardware or software has to be part of the chain.

so i will take absolutely no offence if the feedback is that i don't have a clue what i am talking about. I am aware that there is going to be some more typical approach that a network administrator would use. i want to do it right. the end solution should be designed in a way that is expandable. Windows 10 has a built in program that can team up to 32 nic's so even though that is not a home solution i would prefer to keep it in mind. I also realize with too much throughput just ends up bottlenecking somewhere else. i am also wondering if this maybe should be acting closer to the gateway so the whole LAN is more efficient? Maybe outside the gateway for security?? Anyway that is a starting point so any thoughts would be appreciated