By RichardS
#5094 EDIT: So the WIKI is now 100% functional. All OK!

So I installed DokuWiki here esp8266.com/wiki and I now have people wanted to access it, but I can not seem to make it work.

I can not add users, user.auth.php seems to have the right permissions, and when I edit it direct and I ask the system to send me a new password by email, it says it did and I never get it, so I think there is something I have not done. Any help is appreciated.

Anyway once up and running if you want to contribute please drop me a PM at admin and I will add you. There is too many spammers on the board to allow access to all users.

Thanks and have fun!

Richard.
By wonderfulm3
#5105 I have multiple projects using the ESP8266 for aquaponics and real time sensor data capture with uploading. I'd love to upload my schematics and some tutorials to share with the rest of the community.
By gwizz
admin wrote:EDIT: So the WIKI is now 100% functional. All OK!

Thanks for adding me as a contributor, I started to try to add content and felt a bit lost because there is no structure there yet. Then I looked around for ideas to structure the wiki and was reminded of the github wiki. https://github.com/esp8266/esp8266-wiki

So I was thinking, I'll use these headings as a template. Then I thought - why not use the content as well?

Then I thought - hang on, this could get a bit sticky depending on people's feelings about where their content ends up. So I stopped and posted this to ask for more information, to make sure I don't upset people who I very likely will want to ask for help very soon!! And also I'd like to help make this stuff and document it together.

So what happens now going forward? Do we have two wikis or what?

EDIT - ~oops! just noticed the links on the site that say 'current wiki' and 'new wiki'. So i guess that answers my question, and I've started adding to the new one. Cool!!
Last edited by gwizz on Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
By gwizz
wonderfulm3 wrote:I have multiple projects using the ESP8266 for aquaponics and real time sensor data capture with uploading. I'd love to upload my schematics and some tutorials to share with the rest of the community.

Wow - snap! I've got some stuff documented here: l0l.org.uk and aquaponicslab.org but now I want to move away from arduino clone plus RFM12B radio module to the ESP8266.

I hope that you've already got or asked for contribute rights to the wiki - mine came through at 4am so I think the admin is in a different time zone to me - or he/she's a real late night hacker :D

But in any event, you should be able to upload details to the wiki soon if not already. In the meantime, why don't you tell us all some tantalising details in the project area?

Kind regards

G