Advanced Users can post their questions and comments here for the not so Newbie crowd.

Moderator: eriksl

By davydnorris
#84928 You go through the same process for each one - set the CA location, set the SSL buffer size, and connect.

The only thing is that you don't have enough memory to hold them both open at the same time - for the most part this is not really a problem because you're often connecting to web sites and so you can do this one at a time.

As an example, I use Google Maps API via web calls, and I use IBMCloud as my MQTT platform. I have two CA certificate sets loaded in different areas of flash and have also found that Google needs a larger SSL buffer than IBM's MQTT, so for both I do:

Code: Select allespconn_secure_ca_enable(ESPCONN_CLIENT, ca_cert);
espconn_secure_set_size(ESPCONN_CLIENT, size);

before connecting.
By eriksl
#84971 IIRC setting up only one SSL (TLS) connection already consumes huge piles of memory, amounts I will never have available. So I guess having two of them is really out of the question ;)

For my information, what amount are we really talking about in practice?
By davydnorris
#84977 The CA location and SSL buffer are not connection specific, which is why you have to operate only one connection at a time. If your connections shared the same CA then you could possibly open more than one but I think you'll be in trouble with the common SSL buffer.