Left here for archival purposes.

By zeroday
alonewolfx2 wrote:it seems fixed now. i tried some examples and working. but i am not sure.something went wrong. if i flash my esp with prebuild 20141222 binaries dnstest.lua working fine. myfile.lua working fine. when i build from source code , file system working but examples sometimes working sometimes just restarting esp.
if i direct upload 4 binaries to the chip with flashtool 0,9,3 free heap 16643 but firstly i am doing 4 binaries combining and flash to the chip free heap 17020. what am i missing?

have you put module into same configuration? wifi mode & pwd.
different mode may have different heap result.
By ThomasW
#5733 Hi,

file() working, node.restart() looping and random reboots here also.
Lubuntu VM, commented out the include for xtensa/simcall-fcntl.h
Filesizes:
Code: Select all362344 Dez 26 12:36 eagle.app.flash.bin
53280 Dez 26 12:36 eagle.app.v6.flash.bin
296808 Dez 26 12:36 eagle.app.v6.irom0text.bin

I couldn't find the links for the XP-VM-environment right now, could anybody point me to the right direction? I would love to build at least one working version, no matter how...

Thomas
By alonewolfx2
zeroday wrote:
alonewolfx2 wrote:it seems fixed now. i tried some examples and working. but i am not sure.something went wrong. if i flash my esp with prebuild 20141222 binaries dnstest.lua working fine. myfile.lua working fine. when i build from source code , file system working but examples sometimes working sometimes just restarting esp.
if i direct upload 4 binaries to the chip with flashtool 0,9,3 free heap 16643 but firstly i am doing 4 binaries combining and flash to the chip free heap 17020. what am i missing?

have you put module into same configuration? wifi mode & pwd.
different mode may have different heap result.

you are right. station mode and stationap mode.
i tried mingw64 on windows for compiling and its compiling but file api not working.
i tried lubuntu (espressif vm) iits compiling but file api not working.
something different between your vm and our vm's. i think.
can you share your vm with us on googledrive or dropbox or yandex drive? is it possible?(if you dont have account for tree service providers i can give you with enaugh storage) we tired compiling error and environment difference. i think if we work same vm environment we can help you for other bugs.
By NaAl
I have push a fix to github. please have a try.

I flashed my esp-01 with https://github.com/nodemcu/nodemcu-firm ... latest.bin and I still have the same problem.

Also, I have noticed that the node loses connection to the wifi (after wifi.sta.config("myssid","mypassword") and I cannot re-connect to the wifi, I tried both wifi.sta.connect() and wifi.sta.disconnect() to no avail.