Left here for archival purposes.

By alonewolfx2
zeroday wrote:
sej7278 wrote:nobody can get it to build properly using linux/mac with the xtensa toolchain - well its builds but bootloops whenever you use the file() functions etc.

zeroday uses the xp virtual machine from espressif, which seems to use the old xtensa tarball (here) plus a couple of missing simcall-* files, not the newer one used by the gcc crosstool-ng toolchains like esp-open-sdk or the wiki.

we really need to move away from using the espressif makefiles, vm's, etc. to something more maintainable.

-ng toolchain build a firmware with 2k ram less than the old xp vm. ( that's why I stick to the old one ),
It would be great if someone can figure out where is the 2k ram gone.

is file api problem fixed with old vm?
By zeroday
alonewolfx2 wrote:
zeroday wrote:
sej7278 wrote:nobody can get it to build properly using linux/mac with the xtensa toolchain - well its builds but bootloops whenever you use the file() functions etc.

zeroday uses the xp virtual machine from espressif, which seems to use the old xtensa tarball (here) plus a couple of missing simcall-* files, not the newer one used by the gcc crosstool-ng toolchains like esp-open-sdk or the wiki.

we really need to move away from using the espressif makefiles, vm's, etc. to something more maintainable.

-ng toolchain build a firmware with 2k ram less than the old xp vm. ( that's why I stick to the old one ),
It would be great if someone can figure out where is the 2k ram gone.

is file api problem fixed with old vm?

yes, the pre_build/0.9.4 is build with old xp vm. the file api works fine....
By alonewolfx2
zeroday wrote:yes, the pre_build/0.9.4 is build with old xp vm. the file api works fine....

so how can we resolve file api problem? maybe its sdk problem?
By zeroday
alonewolfx2 wrote:
zeroday wrote:yes, the pre_build/0.9.4 is build with old xp vm. the file api works fine....

so how can we resolve file api problem? maybe its sdk problem?

I have push a fix to github. please have a try.