Left here for archival purposes.

By yes8s
zeroday wrote:
alonewolfx2 wrote:
jankop wrote:Yes, yesterday I noticed that but I thought that the problem is at me.

+1 I tought my power supply problem but it seems firmware bug. Old version working fine.

only build 20150108?
20150107 is ok?
weird.

Yep 20150107 is ok but for some reason 20150108 is not.
I tested this several times with a fresh program (i.e. nothing else stored) to make sure it wasn't something I was doing wrong.
By yes8s
#6802 I don't know if this is related but there is something else I've noticed:

- Firstly, I only ever use the prebuilt binaries.
- A few versions ago, the filesize of the binary file was ~5xxkB (Assume full size of flash). From a few versions ago, binary file has only been ~3xxkBs.
- I noticed that sometimes after reflashing, the node can connect to wifi automatically because it remembers details prior to reflashing with new binary. Only on the 3xxkB filesized binaries though. The 5xxkB binaries overwrite this data I think.
- Depending on which version is currently stored and which version you are updating to, it is possible to create a situation where this untouched area of memory creates some corruption in the program due to not being erased/overwritten. So, I've been flashing to blank binary first and then to nodeMCU binary to ensure this does not cause problems.

It could have something to do with the reset issue...
By zeroday
yes8s wrote:I don't know if this is related but there is something else I've noticed:

- Firstly, I only ever use the prebuilt binaries.
- A few versions ago, the filesize of the binary file was ~5xxkB (Assume full size of flash). From a few versions ago, binary file has only been ~3xxkBs.
- I noticed that sometimes after reflashing, the node can connect to wifi automatically because it remembers details prior to reflashing with new binary. Only on the 3xxkB filesized binaries though. The 5xxkB binaries overwrite this data I think.
- Depending on which version is currently stored and which version you are updating to, it is possible to create a situation where this untouched area of memory creates some corruption in the program due to not being erased/overwritten. So, I've been flashing to blank binary first and then to nodeMCU binary to ensure this does not cause problems.

It could have something to do with the reset issue...

well yes the 5xxKb version before, is a combine of firmware, esp_init_data.bin, and the filesystem between them.
the 3xxkb version has only firmware.
but 20150107 and 20150108 has minor change in code. nothing touched with restart part.
maybe it's a file system issue too.
after a re-flash. run file.format(), will this solve the problem?
By alonewolfx2
zeroday wrote:well yes the 5xxKb version before, is a combine of firmware, esp_init_data.bin, and the filesystem between them.
the 3xxkb version has only firmware.
but 20150107 and 20150108 has minor change in code. nothing touched with restart part.
maybe it's a file system issue too.
after a re-flash. run file.format(), will this solve the problem?

i tried and it doesnt change anything.by the way i had same issue ewhen power off and on, soo it has same problem when both power down-up and restart